Monday, February 1, 2016
Location: Most Precious Blood
Msgr. Thompson Hall
3502 Saratoga Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX 78415
On Feb. 1 activities at Most Precious Blood will include opening prayer, discussion on faith, prayer partners, "fingerprints of God" activities and students will draw or make a poster that illustrates various aspects of the Catholic faith.
Focus on Faith in the classroom as one of the dividends for life.
- Opening prayer lead by selected students---names will be drawn from a basket ahead of time.
- Discussion on faith---What is it? How do we show it? Etc.
- Prayer Partners---at the end of the day have students form a
circle, play some music very quietly-have them pray together as a group the following prayer-then they are to ask for special intentions. Be sure to include the following their class, school community, their families, and anything else they may want to add.
- Following the schedule below we will have different people going into different classrooms to do "fingerprints of God" activity. We will ask students to put their heads down on their desk and KEEP THEIR EYES CLOSED. While the music is being played, we will be using makeup to place fingerprints on the kids. Schedule is as follows: 2:00-2:05 p.m. for 5th grade; 2:05-2:10 p.m. for 4th grade; 2:10-2:15 p.m. for 3rd grade; 2:15-2:20 p.m. for 2nd grade; 2:20-2:25 p.m. for 1st grade; 2:25 -2:30 p.m. for Kinder; 3:00-3:05 p.m. for PK3; and 3:05-3:10 p.m. for PK4.
- Have students draw or make a poster that illustrates various aspects of our Catholic Faith. (ex. Make a cross, draw a picture, etc.) We will display throughout the building. Please turn them in no later than Tuesday morning. We will be setting up displays throughout the building.